Barnes Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that offers competitive wages, health insurance, flexplan and 401k plan.
Data Entry Specialist/Administrative Assistant
Receives, reviews, and enters data into computer system or tracking database according to established procedures. Ensures accuracy of all data recorded and performs database maintenance functions, support the Barnes’s vision, mission and goals.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Keep track of received data and source documents
- Prepare and sort source documents, identify and interpret data to be entered
- Contact preparers of source documents to resolve questions, inconsistencies, or missing data
- Data entry in Asset. Enter alphabetic, numeric or symbolic data from source documents into computer following format displayed on screen. Enter necessary codes.
- Confirm accuracy of data such as crew numbers, cost per task, etc.
- Compare data entered with source documents, or reenter data in verification format on screen to detect error
- Review and make necessary corrections to information entered
- Compile, sort and verify accuracy of data to be entered
- Verify registry clients based on established procedure
- Process various forms such as contracts, proposals, etc.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining an effective and efficient records management system
- Generate reports and respond to inquiries regarding entered data as requested
- Contribute to a team effort and accomplish related results as required
- Maintain confidential information
- Perform general clerical duties such as typing, answering phones, etc.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of records management procedures.
- Knowledge of assigned program activities guidelines and processes
- Ability to operate various work-processing software, spreadsheets, and database programs.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Interact and maintain good working relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds.
- Communicate efficiently and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Carry out multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Follow instructions furnished in verbal or written format
Competitive pay starting rate $13.50 or based upon experience. 90-day probationary period with merit increases. Benefits include Health and Dental Insurance, 401k Retirement Plan, and Paid Vacations.
Barnes Inc. is currently hiring for landscape laborers. Duties include installation of landscape plantings, retaining walls, seeding/sodding, patio installation, installing mulch/stone, finish grade, and clean up site. Winter hours will include snow removal duties.
Special skills include excellent customer service, ability to lift 50 lbs or more is also desired. A valid drivers license is required and a CDL is desired. Punctuality and reliability is a must. Full time hours in the Spring,Summer and Fall months. (40hrs or more per week possible). Snow removal available during winter months.
Competitive pay and benefits. 30 day probationary period with merit increases. Benefits include Health and Dental Insurance, 401k Retirement Plan, and Paid Vacations.
Lawn Maintenance Laborer
Barnes Inc. is currently hiring for Lawn Maintenance Laborers. Duties will include a variety of tasks from spring and fall cleanups, applying mulch to ornamental areas, commercial and residential mowing, string trimming, and blowing debris off pavement. Position will also include ornamental weed control and pruning of trees and shrubbery. Winter employment will include commercial and residential snow removal.
Special skills include ability to provide above average service to customers and pay attention to detail. Drivers licenses required.
Starting pay is $11.50 per hour. 30-day probationary period with merit increases based on performance. Drivers licenses required. Benefits include Health and Dental Insurance, 401k Retirement Plan, and Paid Vacations.
Barnes Inc. is currently hiring for Landscape Supervisor. Duties include being responsible for directing and overseeing both residential and commercial landscape projects. Should have the ability to coordinate with the division manager on a periodic basis. Candidate will supervise various crew sizes and be able to complete projects as efficiently as possible with emphasis on quality. Winter hours will include snow removal duties.
Special skills include having a strong knowledge of plant and landscape materials and be able to read landscape drawings. Candidate should also be able to operate various landscaping equipment on a regular basis. Good customer service is a must. Ability to lift in excess of 50 lbs. Full time hours in the Spring,Summer and Fall months. (40hrs or more per week possible). Snow removal available during winter months.
Competitive pay and benefits. 30-day probationary period with merit increases. Benefits include Health and Dental Insurance, 401k Retirement Plan, and Paid Vacations.
Barnes Inc. is currently hiring for its turf division. Duties include applying turf products to residential and commercial accounts, marketing, customer service, accurate record keeping, equipment maintenance, being able to perform lawn aeration’s, and other various duties. Winter hours will include snow removal duties.
Special skills include degree in related field, ability to accurately apply turf products, able to do math calculations and calibrations, ability to identify different types of turf products, and pay attention to detail. Ability to lift 50 lbs or more is desired.
Individuals must be customer focused and team players. Starting pay is $10.00 without certification and license. Employee must become certified within 30-days of hire. Experienced, certified and licensed applicators receive starting pay of $12.00, depending on qualifications. 30-day probationary period with merit increases in hourly pay. Benefits include Health and Dental Insurance, 401k Retirement Plan, and Paid Vacations.
Madison’s largest lawn maintenance company Barnes, Inc. is looking to hire full-time mechanic technician for year round work. Barnes, Inc. is an established company that employs over 135 employees. Barnes, Inc. has a fleet of over 150 trucks and has an extensive group of riding and walk behind mowers. Requirements: driver’s license, CDL is a bonus, own tools, and prior experience required. Starting rate of pay for part-time students is $ 13.00 per hour. Other applicants rate of pay based on experience.
Barnes Inc. is currently hiring for a Tree Climber:
- 1-2 years of experience working on a tree crew as a ground man or 2-4 year degree in Forestry or related field.
- Experience with ground rigging operations for tree removals. Experience climbing is a plus.
- Experience operating heavy machinery (skid loader and stump grinder).
- Desire to learn how to climb is a plus.
- Experience driving truck and trailer Duties:
Performs all required ground assignments, as directed by crew leader.
Displays a high level of safety, including attendance at safety meetings and wearing protective equipment. Certified Arborist and CDL license is a plus.
Looking for snow shovelers for the winter months. Must be reliable day or night. Work is weather dependent. Could lead to full time work in the spring. Salary beginning at $ 17.00 per hour. EOE
Snowplow drivers wanted. Starting rate of pay $17.00 per hour. Must have valid drivers license and experience required. Barnes, Inc. 845-3230 EOE